I'm sick and tired of my childhood friend's, now girlfriend, constant abuse so I broke up with her Chapter 25 Part 2

  Chapter 25: The Outdoor Classroom: Hanabi's Last Dance

Link to Original Chapter: https://ncode.syosetu.com/n0844gb/25/

Note: This is a reupload of Chapter 25 with the significant changes from the author incorporated into the text. This chapter is very different from the original Chapter 25.
________________________

"Copying my hairstyle..." 


"All the popular guys are doing this, there's no doubt about it..." 


This is quite mind-boggling if I say so myself. 


"Copying my hairstyle? But isn't that just a normal hairstyle?" 


The style is just a regular one that doesn't stand out and the color is just my natural black. 


"It kinda is a bit unfashionable, not gonna lie." 


But having all these copycats is making me feel a bit self-conscious. 


"Well, fashionable is pretty subjective. I personally don't think  anyone with such a bland haircut would look good, but I guess it depends on the face of the person too. That's why a normal hairstyle can look good on the popular guys since they have the looks to pull it off. I wonder what they would look like with completely shaved heads though." 


"I see. So that's why my hairstyle is popular right now." 


"You know Ichinose, it's weird seeing your hairstyle on other guys. That girlfriend stealer Kirigaya copied your hairstyle too." 

Well, Kirigaya changed his hairstyle because of Hanabi, so that makes sense, but a lot of other guys are following suit, which is hard to believe. 


"Well, they aren't copying me then, they're copying Kirigaya, no?" 


"I don't think so. After everything that happened, I don't think anyone is paying him any attention. No one would want to imitate him now." 


After the whole athletics festival, the topic of his ex and Kirigaya doesn't really bother him anymore. His cocky attitude completely disappeared and he entered into a complete depression after being completely rejected by Hanabi. No other girls are giving him any attention anymore either. Kirigaya dropped down significantly on the social ladder, which is one reason why Hasuike doesn't really mind bringing him up anymore. 


"Regardless, I think that hairstyle suits you Ichinose. While you aren't in the same clique as those other popular guys, you definitely give off a sort of cool orthodox vibe, which is rare nowadays." 


I can't help but give a wry smile as I realize that my appearance does have some value. 


"Still, I can't believe they're all copying me." 


"Yeah, I can see where you're coming from. You're not really the type of guy that enjoys the spotlight. I know you find this a nuisance and all." 


"Well, yeah." 


I have no idea why all the popular guys started copying my hairstyle. 


"Hey, Ichinose. Over there." 


"Huh?"


Hasuike points towards the hallway.


What's going on? 


I turn my head and take a look. About ten or so guys with the same hairstyle as me start coming into the classroom. I recognize some of their faces; they the guys that were there the day I got my stomachache and Hanabi mocked me. These guys stop walking and make room in the middle. 


Hanabi emerges from the center of the group. These guys are protecting her like she's their queen. Of course, the class is in an uproar. Just what these guys up to? I'm half amazed at the scene in front of me, when I notice Hanabi's eyes start to flicker. 


"Senpai, you said you wanted to dump me, but I won't accept that." 


Her voice is so meek and her body starts shaking as if she's scared. This is completely different from the usual Hanabi. This has to be some sort of act. There's no way I'll be fooled. But no one else knows her true nature. As if right on cue, the curious bystanders all share their sympathy with the quaking, crying Hanabi. 


"'Dumped'? Those two were going out?" 


"Really!? And here I thought Ichinose-kun was pretty cool lately." 


"I know, right!" 


"And going out with the school's number one beauty, Hanabi Kisaragi, too..." 


I hear the girls talking in hushed voices, as Hanabi surveys her surroundings before starting to cry. 


"Why didn't you say anything, Senapi. I know when we were dating, you told me not to open my mouth... I did just that and you still dumped me... We've been going out since middle school and now you're all popular while you just threw me away... Waah..." 


Hanabi buries her face in her hands and starts incessantly crying, as the people surrounding start to swarm her. Those oh-so heroic guys guys start giving her their handkerchiefs and words of comfort. And yet, her sobbing continues, which naturally riles up the crowd of bystanders. 


"He told her not to open her mouth. How disgusting." 


"That's psychological harassment. That's basically abuse at this point." 


"I can't believe it. I never knew he was like that..." 


"I mean, abusers usually put on a good front." 


"But you know, the moment he got popular, he dumped her..." 


Everyone is now just voicing their own thoughts willy-nilly. My mouth is open in shock at what's happening. After all, Hanabi is the master of words here, not me. 


"Hold up! While we only heard one side of the story, you better not condemn him without hearing the full story!" 


Hasuike turns his head to me after saying those words to cover for me. 


"Ichinose, honestly, I don't believe a single word of that. Besides, there were never any rumours of you going out in the first place." 


"Hasuike, that part is the truth." 


In response to my statement, the bystanders begin to get riled up again, as Hasuike looks at me in shock. Of course, I expected this type of reaction. But of course, I'm not lying at all. In the corner of my vision, Hanabi, with her crocodile tears and all, is observing the situation. 


"If that's the case, then did you dump her...?" 


"Of course." 


The commotion is even greater.


"But I deny any allegations of abuse." 


Rather, I was the victim of abuse here. Hasuike is the only one whose complexion changes after listening to what I say. All the other students were ready to crucify me the moment I admitted to going out with Hanabi. To be honest, I sort of saw this coming before I even said anything. 


"But there's no way a girl can abuse a guy..." 


Someone whispers that softly. 


Oh definitely. In modern society, the concept that men are abusers and women are victims is deeply ingrained into our brains. And that puts me between a rock and a hard place. 


I can feel the hostile stares from my fellow peers. I'm like a white piece in Othello being surrounded by black pieces all around me. Looks like everyone, save Hasuike, has become my enemy. So this is what Hanabi was talking about before. 


_____________________


Because Hanabi is so popular, news of her exploit spread across the school. By lunch, I could feel the majority of the student body talking behind my back and how I was the disgusting abuser. If any girls happened to catch my glance, they would shriek in fear all because of the floating rumours. I haven't received this sort of treatment since I cut my bangs. 


Of course, I can imagine Hanabi laughing away at this; everything is going according to plan. All of my peers who have been showering me with attention since the athletic festival have now turned on me because of this baseless rumor. It's like I want to be popular, but seeing all of this flippant and fake behaviour is stirring something inside of me. 


On top of all of this, the rumours haven't died down by the time the day for the outdoor classroom arrived. For a normal student, outside of going home and gym class three times a week, we don't get many opportunities to mingle with people outside of our class. That way, I could let the storm of cold stares and unpleasant thoughts pass. However, the outdoor classroom would prevent that from happening. 


By the time we arrived at Seseragi Nature Park and moved into the forest for some sketching, the harassment had already started. 


"Hey, Mr. Abuser is here!" 


"Ah, he looked my way. He definitely wants to abuse me right now!" 


"Hahaha, don't worry, he only chooses weak girls as his victims."


"That's fucking disgusting. You hear that, Mr. Abuser?" 


I look away not wanting to give away my frustration. Looks like Kiragaya and his gang are the ones making all that fuss. I left Hasuike and the others to look for a nice place to draw by myself. They probably saw me and came over to bug me. Maybe it's because he still has feelings for Hanabi or he still feels pissed about the relay, but Kirigaya doesn't stop his torrent of words. 


"Now that Mr. Abuser here is now recognized for the shitty person he is, you can't drown yourself in all that praise anymore. Now that you're cancelled, no one will give a shit about you anymore." 


Responding to them will only fuel the fire. Ever since the rumours started, I've tried to state my own stance, but no one's been willing to lend an ear to my side. They're all interested in joining the mob, instead of learning the full truth. But it's different now that we're not in school, since they can't overdo it in class. Now that Kirigaya and his gang have surrounded me, I have no way to return to the rest of the group. 


Because Class C's bus was a little late, the teacher told us to wait in the parking lot, so it looks like I have to continue ignoring this abuse for a little while longer. 


"You've been very quiet. Are you even listening? at least talk back Mr. Abu-" 


Just as Kirigaya grabs my shoulder...


"Hey, what are you doing!?" 


I hear a deep guttural yell come from below, as Hasuike rushes up with his easel in hand. 


It's not just Hasuike either. Yukishiro-san, Aihara and all my other classmates are coming down one by one. One look at all of their faces and I instantly see their rage. Using their easels as shields, they form a defensive wall separating me from Kirigaya and his group. 


"A senior shouldn't be engaging in mindless bullying!" 


"It's obvious you're still bitter about losing the relay!" 


"How reprehensive! If you have time to bully Ichinose-kun, you have the time to fix your twisted personalities!" 


"Wh-what the fuck!?" 


"Hey, what's with all the ruckus!?" 


With all the shouting, it's no surprise that our teacher came rushing over. Thanks to their small size, Kirigaya's group was able to retreat on all fronts, which left my classmates and myself to receive the scolding from our teacher. 


No one in the class condemned me. Rather, when I tried to come forward as the source of the problem, everyone else blocked me from doing so. Clearly confounded with the situation, our teacher told us not to misbehave just because we were at the outdoor classroom, and left as soon as he finished speaking. 


Afterwards, all my classmates were looking at me with concern as their barrage of concerned messages began. 


"Are you okay, Ichinose-kun? Kirigaya and his gang are just the worst!" 


"No matter what anyone says, there's no way we'll ever believe those silly rumours!" 


"Yep! After talking with you, you're definitely not the kind of guy to abuse anyone!"


"Thank you so much, everyone..." 


I was emotionless through Kirigaya's torment, but hearing the kind words of my classmates stirs something foreign inside me. Even when the student body is against me, my classmates haven't betrayed me at all. On top of that, they're willing to go out of their way to save me. I bet Hanabi didn't take this into account. 


All the people flocking around me have left, but I have all my friends right here to support me. That will never change. 


That being said, it isn't all sunshine and rainbows. It's because of me that my classmates have been reprimanded. Also, every time they rally behind me, they'll get unpleasant thoughts. The amount of guilt I feel is suffocating. These people are just so kind, so seeing them partake in my personal suffering is beyond painful. 


But even with all my guilt, my classmates won't desert me. Besides, if anyone else from another class decided to barge in, they would all surround them. I would thank them every time, but each time they said not to mind. 


I expected the outdoor classroom to be living hell, but thanks to my classmates, that possibility never came to fruition. Without everyone else by my side, I never would have come this far.


_________________

Translator’s Note: Interesting direction that the author decided to take the story. Seems like he had a completely different plan for the ending, which is why he suddenly changed Chapter 25. At this point, the end game is near.


Chapter 24

Comments

  1. DANG! Counter-attack when?!
    Those people who suddenly hostile towards him just like fishes that follows the river flow. I can't wait for the nuke to that girl and her followers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This fucking bitch...
    i fucking hate her...
    whatever reason she may have she's still a fucking bitch ngl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damn!!! What a bitch? I hope she gets famous for her action and gets isolated forever, nobody wanna do anything with sick people's

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I'm sick and tired of my childhood friend's, now girlfriend, constant abuse so I broke up with her Chapter 16: Web of Deceit

I'm sick and tired of my childhood friend's, now girlfriend, constant abuse so I broke up with her Chapter 30

I'm sick and tired of my childhood friend's, now girlfriend, constant abuse so I broke up with her Chapter 29