I'm sick and tired of my childhood friend's, now girlfriend, constant abuse so I broke up with her Chapter 30

Chapter 30: Epilogue

Link to Original Chapter: https://ncode.syosetu.com/n0844gb/30/

_____________________


And so, shortly after Hanabi burst into tears, my classmates found me. I heard this after the fact, but it was Yukishiro-san who initially noticed that something was off when I wasn't there at the campfire. Seemed like she talked to Hasuike about it. Once no one saw me after dinner, my classmates went out to look for me. Because of that, no one in my class was at the campfire. No one blamed me, as they were worried for me. 


Once the teachers found out about the stunt Hanabi, Kirigaya and his lackeys pulled off, they were immediately suspended. Hanabi was then taken to the hospital and it was confirmed she had a compound fracture in her right foot that needed surgery. Thus, she's staying at the hospital. Two days afterwards, I received a short apology letter Hanabi wrote. 


"Honestly, all of this is just messing with me. First, you shovel so much hostility upon me. Then you suddenly apologize and confess to me." 


And so, on the day her letter arrived, I gave Yukishiro-san a call. Since it was a holiday, we met up right away at the park near my house. Hanabi’s letter was on the bench we were sitting on. Inside, she wrote an apology to Yukishiro-san as well, which Yukishiro-san herself saw earlier. 


"Even if Hanabi is throwing away all of her pride, I wonder if this is some elaborate trap." 


"But Hanabi-chan isn't like that, you should know. I think your plan of ending things amicably was successful, Ichinose-kun." 


"I was only a little nicer, I can't believe she had a change of heart because of that." 


"You weren't just a little nicer. You helped her when she was at her lowest point. The person who helped just happened to be her unrequited love, and someone who hated her bitterly. I'm sure she was able to wholly accept what you had to say." 


"I still think her love for me is a clear lie..." 


"Well..." 


Yukishiro-san lowers her eyebrows as she's deep in thought. 


"Up until now, Hanabi-chan had been taking the wrong approach with you. I mean, you probably won't forgive her. So how about you hear me out on something." 


"Yeah, sure." 


"I think Hanabi-chan does love you. However, she went about her love the wrong way. She loved you too much, that her emotions consumed her. Her desire for you to stay with her forever overshadowed her desire to make you happy. She was obsessed with not letting other people have you." 


"..." 


"Her love was bountiful. That doesn't excuse her actions completely though. Because she wasn't able to control her feelings of love, her mind became twisted and it only made herself and you miserable." 


"That make sense" 


Hanabi's good intentions are all but lost on me, but listening to Yukishiro-san's speech has opened up a new perspective within me. 


"But to love someone like that in such a relentless way... Hanabi really is such a mystery." 


"You know, I'm jealous. I don't want Ichinose-kun to talk to any other girls except for me... Sorry..." 


"Uh, n-not at all." 


"After hearing about the ugly side of love, are you determined to make no one love you...?" 


"No one...?" 


"If I love you, will that make you suffer, Ichinose-kun?" 


I can tell Yukishiro-san feels some hint of jealousy. Despite my shock, comparing her feelings to Hanabi's, I don't feel threatened at all. Honestly, having someone love me like that is a bit startling. I look away and Yukishiro-san hangs her head in shame. 


I know that Hanabi and Yukishiro-san are completely different, so endangering my future with Yukishiro-san because of what Hanabi did in the past is something I don't want to entertain. I'll take my pitiful past by the horns, and cuddle close with the gentle Yukishiro-san. From now on, I'll always have Yukishiro-san by my side. Whenever we talk, I can feel a sense of serenity wash over me. 


"Your love still hasn't fully set in yet for me. However, it's something I can not hate at all. Conversely, you're a very important person to me, Yukishiro-san." 


I stare at Yukishiro-san and deliver all of my feelings to her. She gasps in surprise, her facing turning a bright crimson. 


"That makes me so happy..." 


With that, she places her hand on top of mine, its warmth helping me calm down. 


"If it weren't for you, Yukishiro-san, I would still have trauma regarding love. I don't think I would have been able to love again." 


"Ichinose-kun..." 


"Thank you, Yukishiro-san. You taught me the beauty of love. You truly did save me." 


I see tears in her eyes as she smiles. 


Love can cause immense suffering and pain, but it can also bring about healing and kindness. Having finally learned this reality, I vow to never hurt the person I love. I grasp Yukishiro-san's hand tightly, as I steel my resolve for the future I vowed myself to. 



The End.

________________________

Translator’s Note: And that concludes the story! Thank you so much for sticking with it, especially with the hiatus for the longest time after Chapter 25. I don’t know what I’ll be working on next, but I’ll take my time before I come up with anything concrete. Until next time!


Chapter 29

Comments

  1. Thank you for the translation, and good job on finishing the novel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the translations, man, the hiatus was pretty long, but I didn't doubt you'd come back

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for translating this novel :D Glad to finally have closure after a year of waiting lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for translating this until the end. Really feel rushed there, but oh well. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for translating tha novel. Take some of time, but finally had a end.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you you for translating, it was a pretty good quality translation in general, appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eh, for a romance story, did theye ven kiss even once? I think they were interrupted in the library... This was the best moment to seal the deal, honestly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you verrry much for your translation. Awesome work but I'm wondering If you make Vol. 2 and 3 for this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gracias por la traducción.
    Saludos de parte de los hispanos que leen esta tremenda obra.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think the ending is rushed. So I'll write the continuation in my dream.

    ReplyDelete
  11. La historia es muy buena, aunque siento que el final es un poco vacío, el protagonista abrió los ojos sobre Hanabi muy tarde y de una forma que como lo veo, es hasta cierto punto extraño, alguien que puede actuar de forma tan astuta al final se dejó llevar por su trauma.

    Me hubiera gustado que esto sea el capítulo final y el epílogo sea algo como "te perdono, pero no quiero que vuelvas a estar muy cerca".

    Quizá solo estoy divagando, (perdón que no comenté en inglés, pero es que no se cómo escribirlo XD)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This was kinda a nice ending.. some parts felt a little forced... but this was a good series overall...

    Thanks for translating this XD

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gracias por la traducción como siempre hubiera querido que continuará por más tiempo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hanabi didn't love mc that ain't love, she is just a selfish little bitch!!! She got off easy for 10 years of worth torment

    ReplyDelete
  15. It felt a bit axed but the overall story was nice, thanks so much for the translation

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No Actually it now has Manga and a Light Novel Adaptation

      Delete
  16. So this will fit for a movie not a series cause it's short

    ReplyDelete
  17. This was a good read hoped there was a side story where Souma and Fumi have a happy and loving family.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gracias por la traducción. La historia estuvo buena aunque creo que después del capítulo 25 el autor se estaba quedando sin tiempo y decidió darle un cierre un tanto forzado ya que se notaba que tenía espacio para una historia más larga. Y bueno esta es mi opinión personal pero me hubiera gustado que al final se quedara con las dos chicas o un final especial para Hanabi después de todo, ella solo era una Yandere súper loca XD jejeje bueno al final la novela terminó. Veamos qué más nos depara el futuro

    ReplyDelete
  19. So i remember i mentioned this in a reddit comment for the manga, since this got published as a LN, the LN got a 2nd volume on December 22nd now and goes further than what the did WN did, any plans for that if you are still active

    https://bookwalker.jp/debe27abb7-f753-4a6a-b179-cdb3797547e7/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I'm sick and tired of my childhood friend's, now girlfriend, constant abuse so I broke up with her Chapter 16: Web of Deceit

I'm sick and tired of my childhood friend's, now girlfriend's, constant abuse so I broke up with her Chapter 1: Dumping my Abusive Girlfriend