I'm sick and tired of my childhood friend's, now girlfriend, constant abuse so I broke up with her Chapter 26

Chapter 26: The Outdoor Classroom: Hanabi's Last Dance 2

Link to Original Chapter: https://ncode.syosetu.com/n0844gb/26/


Note: If you haven't read the updated version of Chapter 25, please read it here. If you've only read the original Chapter 25, that isn't sufficient to understand to Chapter 26, as the updated Chapter 25 adds plenty of new information and plot events. 

_____________________

After lunch, we continued our sketches until the sky started becoming dyed in the colors of the sunset. We started gathering around the campsite, got divided into groups and prepared our cooking utensils for curry. Hasuike, Yukishiro-san and I are all part of the same five person unit. Hasuike is the group leader, Yukishiro-san and the other two are preparing the vegetables at the table. And that leaves the remaining member to tend to the fire and prepare the utensils. 


"Make sure to peel all the skin off, and then we'll cook all the vegetables but the onions together. And then we'll put it all in the same bowl." 


"Ah, s-sure! Sounds good!" 


For some reason, Yukishiro-san seems a bit disorientated, so I stop by her. 


"Are you doing alright, Yukishiro-san?" 


"Yeah, it's just that my head isn't in the right place for a while now." 


"You mean the stuff with Kirigaya?" 


"Yeah... Their harassment is the worst. It's not just Kirigaya, I won't forgive all those others people who are going the mob. I'll make sure that if anyone says anything bad about you, I'll sew their mouths shut." 


Her anger and determination is written plainly on her face. I can't control my laughter seeing her peculiarities. That being said, I'm grateful that she feels this way about me and because of that, I feel a ticklish sensation welling up within me. When she and everyone else was protecting me and having these friends by my side, it really diminished the value of Kirirgaya's words. 


"Sorry for laughing. I'm glad you feel that way, but it's fine, I don't mind at all." 


"Are you serious, Ichinose-kun?" 


Yukishiro-san asked me that, her eyes still full of determination. 


"Don't push yourself. You just gotta stay with the people who care for you and ignore the words of any third party. Besides, it's the outdoor classroom, we should just enjoy ourselves and not sweat the small stuff, yeah?" 


I give her a smile to ease her mind, and it seems like she's now smiling herself. 


"Ah, you're right. Yep. Then I'll forget all about Kirigaya and just spend all my time with you, Ichinose-kun." 


"Sure. That'll make me happy." 


"Okay then... This might be a bit pre-emptive, but..." 


"Yeah?" 


"Afterwards... at the campfire, it would be great if... we could spend time together..." 


"Campfire, huh..." 


At our school, there's a legend that says spending time with the person you love at the campfire at the outdoor classroom will result in a fruitful romance. I wonder if Yukishiro-san is aware of the implications? As I'm about to ask her, the light of the evening sun illuminates her reddened face. 


"Do you think I'm childish for believing in such a legend...?" 


"N-no, not at all." 


Just seeing how much she loves me is making me feel embarrassed. 


"You're really fine with spending time with me?" 


That question slipped out before I could stop myself. I was greeted with Yukishiro-san cutely glaring at me, as if I said something completely wrong. 


"Of course. Ichinose-kun is my sweetheart, after all." 


"Ah, o-okay then... I'll gladly be with you at the campfire." 


"Thank you so much...! I'm so happy..." 


I'm so embarrassed, I could die. I'm probably just as red as Yukishiro-san. 


As we laugh away, Hasuike notices us and tells us to stop flirting and continue with cooking. The rest of our classmates join in with their jovial laughter. Yukishiro-san and I exchange embarrassed grins, as we both get back to work.


_________________

Translator’s Note: Finally translating the new content, but looks like this is a short chapter. 


Chapter 25

Chapter 27

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I'm sick and tired of my childhood friend's, now girlfriend, constant abuse so I broke up with her Chapter 16: Web of Deceit

I'm sick and tired of my childhood friend's, now girlfriend, constant abuse so I broke up with her Chapter 30

I'm sick and tired of my childhood friend's, now girlfriend, constant abuse so I broke up with her Chapter 29