Forever and Always, My Childhood Friend is the Cutest Girl in the World Chapter 56: Relaxing Cat Cafe Date

 Chapter 56: Relaxing Cat Cafe Date


Link to Original Chapter: https://ncode.syosetu.com/n5894gb/56/


Beyond these doors lies paradise. That being said, putting it like that makes it seem like I'm going somewhere sketchy, but alas, there's nothing to be afraid of. 


Before me is a highly esteemed cat cafe with a chic design. And of course, there’s at least 30 cats as well. No matter where I look, a cat comes into my view. I think it's safe to say this place is a fluffy paradise. 


"..."


“It looks like someone cast a petrification spell on you and now your mouth is hanging wide open." 


"Huh?" 


In a flash, Rin covers her pink lips with her hand. 


"You're imagining things and getting it all wrong again, Tohru-kun. Did someone put a hallucination spell on you?" 


"Here comes the ultimate trump card of Sunny Ignorance" 


“Yes, I do like my eggs sunny side up”


“You’re not even listening at this point, are you?”


Seeing Rin being unable to control herself, I mentally pump my fist in the air. Because I'm her childhood friend, I know Rin loves cats so much. When hanging out with Syrup (who is supposed to be my pet, but it feels like the other way around sometimes), Rin has such a happy look on her face. She has a smile on her face that I just want to frame. If she's like that with one cat, what would she be like with dozens? I guess asking that is redundant now. 


"Come on Tohru-kun, hurry up!" 


Like a father being pulled by his daughter as they head towards the amusement park, I head off towards paradise. 


The first thing that catches her eye is an orange tabby with floppy ears. Lying with its back outstretched on the wooden floor, the cat has its stomach exposed. The cat is being cute without even trying, its relaxed stance is certainly a sight to behold. 


"It's a Scottish Fold." 


"You sure know a lot." 


"Well, I've seen it a lot on twitter replies for those web manga I read." 


"Oh, Scotish Fold! So you read those web manga. Huh, you sure have good taste." 


"I can somehow imagine you going in the comments and shitposting with such a stupid grin on your face.” 


"Wh-what, I wouldn't do that!" 


Rin lets out a small laugh 


"You're such a gremlin." 


Her voice resounds through the air. I can feel myself being lured, as my lips curve up into a smile. Rin starts stroking her fingers on the orange tabby's chin. She's handling it with so much care, like it’s a precious treasure or something. 


"So cute..." 


She sounds so enchanted. Her cheeks are flushed red as she gives the cat a kind look. I find myself being unable to escape the charms of her lovely face. 


"Tohru-kun?" 


"Huh?" 


"You're just standing around there, what's wrong?"


"Oh... Ah, nothing." 


It wasn't the cat that enraptured me, but rather Rin. There's no way I could never admit that, so I activated my own trump card of Sunny Ignorance. 


"You're so weird." 


Rin laughs as she puts her hand to her mouth. I feel a weird tickling sensation by my lungs. As if I'm being deceived as well, I started stroking the cat's head as well. 


"Woah..." 


It’s so smooth. I feel the heat from the unblemished furs. I find myself continuing to stroke the tabby. Seriously, how can a cat be this cute? 


"You know, rubbing a cat's head is an expression of love." 


“Wait, what?" 


"When a cat gets its head rubbed, pheromones come out, which is left as markings when it's rubbed. That's supposed to be a sign of love." 


"Huh, I didn't know that." 


"That's how it works in the Fluffy world." 


"What do you mean 'Fluffy world'?" 


As I jab back, I hear a purring from where my fingers are. 


‘How are you doing that?' is the second most important sound a cat wants to hear. The first of course is 'How are you so cute'? That being said, I know exactly what this purring sound means. 


"It'd be great if Syrup could get this up close and personal." 


"I mean Syrup is already like that, just not with you though." 


"You don't need to lay it on thick like that!" 


"I just don't want to hurt you. Like I said, I'm like a kind goddess that has the utmost sympathy for you." 


"Sympathy? Yeah right, more like you're sadistic!" 


Well, it's fine. As long as I have this Scottish Fold, everything is okay. I'll continue to stroke this cat as the tears flow from my heart. 


"Ah..." 


The cat stands up and walks away with its tail pointed in the air. Seems like it's sweetness was just an illusion. 


"Oh yeah, cats are very neurotic, so if you give them too much attention, they'll get wary and run away." 


"It's a sad world out there." 


"Moderation is key, you know." 


"For sure, or else they'll get crabby." 


"Speaking of crabs, did you know Hokkaido is the best spot for fishing crabs?" 


"How do you know so much!?" 


I should expect nothing else from the smartest student in the grade. She's earned my respect, that's for sure. 


"You really do know everything, Rin." 


"No I don't. I only know what I know." 


"Are you turning into Tsubasa Hanekawa or something?" 


"Well of course. The Monogatari series will go down in history as one of the most famous anime." 


Rin starts giggling and instinctively, I reach my hand out towards her. 


"Hmm... What's up?" 


"Oh... Nothing, I just haven't gotten my fair share of stroking yet." 


"Okay then..." 


I truly thought Rin would be glaring daggers at me, but she seems to be taking my words well. Her eyes form the shape of a minced burdock root as she puts a smile on her face. How cute. 


"Hyah!" 


"Hey...!" 


All of a sudden, Rin starts running her face against my arm. The rustling of clothes makes it feel all ticklish. I start becoming all flustered as a sweet scent drifts up towards my nose. Rin looks up at me and opens her mouth. 


"It's an expression... of love." 


I can feel my whole body starting to boil. It's painful being rejected, but suddenly being showered with so much love is also dangerous. 


"Umm..." 


"Shh... don't say anything." 


Rin hushes me as she turns her palms towards me. 


"Your face... is as red as an apple..." 


"..." 


Her face turns reds quickly. I'm probably the same right now too. It's definitely the heat. I wonder if it's hotter than usual right now.


"H-how about we go to the cats now?" 


"S-sure!" 


As if we both agreed upon it beforehand, we change topics instantly. 


It's all thanks to our bond as childhood friends... No, we're lovers now. 


Our faces both dyed red, we stand up. Slowly, we hold each other's hand as we make our way to the next cat.

__________

Translator's Note: This was probably one of the harder chapters to translate because it had a

lot of puns, wordplay and Japanese memes. I did my best with it and hopefully it ended up being comprehendible.

Comments

  1. Her eyes form the shape of a minced burdock root

    I remembered the smile of Oji-san in Isekai Oji-san with this sentence. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of puns, wordplay and Japanese memes, sounds exactly like the Monogatari series. No wonder it was written that way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dang, that face rubbing was cute as hell, I want it ;-;

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I'm sick and tired of my childhood friend's, now girlfriend, constant abuse so I broke up with her Chapter 16: Web of Deceit

I'm sick and tired of my childhood friend's, now girlfriend, constant abuse so I broke up with her Chapter 30

I'm sick and tired of my childhood friend's, now girlfriend's, constant abuse so I broke up with her Chapter 1: Dumping my Abusive Girlfriend