Forever and Always, My Childhood Friend is the Cutest Girl in the World Chapter 55: The world's greatest girlfriend

 Chapter 55: The world's greatest girlfriend


Link to Original Chapter: https://ncode.syosetu.com/n5894gb/55/


It was during the rainy season 10 years ago. On that day, cement colored clouds were continuing their torrential downpour from up above. 


I’m by myself walking home from school, with an umbrella in hand. I hear a lonely cry, so I turn my head to the direction of the sound. 


"A cat..." 


There's a cardboard box that's been left out carelessly. And inside is a small, white kitten. I find myself drawn towards that box, as the words ‘stray cat’ pop into my head. The box is soaking wet, with a sorry excuse of a towel laid out inside it. There's a pink umbrella hanging over the kitten, as if it's a final act of compassion for leaving it out. 


Seeing this kitten before me, I feel a sense of justice welling up inside of me. I'll take this kitten home for now, but what should I tell my mom after? 


"If you see anyone in trouble, you should help them out." 


The words that my mom always said to me pops into my head. This kitten is in trouble. And therefore, I should help it. And even though it's not a human, it should be fine. 


I reach out my hand, as those simplistic and childish thoughts circulate inside my head. 


"Huh...?" 


I tilt my head in confusion as my palms grasp the kitten. Even with the umbrella covering it, it's soaked to the brim and shivering. It must have been out in the rain for a while. The gradually louder meows of the kitten interrupts my thinking. I give the kitten a stiff smile, in order to calm down those anxious eyes. 


"It'll be fine." 


I put my umbrella between my neck and shoulder as I hold the kitten. It's way smaller and younger than I am. It's so light and shivering like crazy, to the point that I'm scared it might die. I have to warm it up somehow. I hold the kitten close to my chest and I jog even faster to head home. 


In the future, I'll meet a certain girl who will become my only friend. Some time will pass and we’ll be walking side by side on a rainy day like this. That girl will have a pink umbrella in hand, as a weird sensation will wash over me. Though I would never understand what that truly meant. 


____________________________________


I'm a senior, Tohru Yonekura, and I have a childhood friend in the same grade as me. Rin Asakura has good grades and is quite the athlete. She's the living defintion of that beautiful honor student. 


"Why are you staring at me, it's so gross." 


It's the third Saturday in April. I'm holding hands with Rin, as my shoulders jump hearing those harsh words she's spewing. 


"I-I wasn't staring..." 


"But weren't you catching a glimpse at me?" 


"..."


"I take your deafening silence as a yes?" 


"'Deafening Silence'. Sure sounds like a cool move that’s used in a fantasy story." 


"Please don't change the subject." 


"Sorry, sorry... Yeah, I did catch a glimpse." 


I can feel Rin's hand pressing against me as I utter my apology. Well, it's not like I'm being insincere, I do want her forgiveness. 


My bias aside, Rin is such a beautiful girl. Her skin is as transparent as a lake in the woods and her facial features are perfectly aligned. Her small pupils are as sharp as a knife, able to bewitch anyone who dares to look at her, as those helpless victims are hopelessly sucked into their mysterious charm. Her body is slender, which makes her chest stick out. Her long, jet black sways to and fro in the April breeze. 


That's Rin, the epitome of a Japanese beauty, the very definition of being dignified, prim and proper. 


Like an ant collecting sugar, what else am I supposed to do when I'm ensnared by her bewitching looks. No really, what are my other options? 


"It's fine, you can look as much as you want." 


"Huh?" 


Rin turns her face away as she says that. Her ears are turning slightly red, though probably not because of the spring sun. 


"Because you know, we're..." 


Rin gives my hand a moderate squeeze. 


"...Dating." 


I feel my chest starting to heat up inside of me, hearing those reassuring words from her mouth. 


Yep, the Rin that has good grades, is quite the athlete and the living definition of that beautiful honor student is my girlfriend. We've been holding these feelings for 10 years, but it was only two weeks ago that our feelings blossomed further. Honestly, it hasn't hit me at all. For such a long time, my desires have never come to fruition, so now that they are fulfilled, my senses haven't been able to keep up at all. 


Well, I've known Rin since elementary school, so it's not like things have changed drastically since we started dating. Though, now when we go on dates, our fingers naturally intertwine, sharing each other's warmth. This is concrete proof of our relationship. 


I feel a sense of love and joy every time I'm with Rin, so much so that I let my five senses soak it all in. I really can't describe in words just how I feel. Regardless, I am genuinely happy that I'm able to go out with Rin. 


Thinking about all of this, I feel a sudden urge to hug her. 


"Hmm, I think I sense a pervert around here." 


"Where is he? I'll take him out right now." 


I won't allow anyone to interrupt our date. 


"You know, it's the person holding hands with me." 


"You really think I have dirty stuff up in my head?" 


"Do you?" 


"Well, I wanted to hug you... so I guess." 


In the past, Rin would have sighed heavily, looked at me with scorn and spat venom at me. But it's different now. 


"How about we go... somewhere where no one will see us." 


Saying that, her regal face becomes all bashful. I would have never heard those words or seen that reaction before we started dating. I feel my head burning up, as my internal temperature climbs. 


"Hey, don't just leave me hanging, this is embarrassing, you know." 


"R-right, sorry." 


Rin's rough voice brings me back to my senses. I try to settle down my beating heart as I open my mouth. 


"Sorry about that, I was enjoying myself too much at the Fountain of Joy." 


"Well of course. You're going out with me. Any date with me should make you happy." 


"Ahh, that's so embarrassing to hear, at least you can try to be subtle." 


"Well, you're the one that started it." 


Rin lets out an impish smile. 


"For your punishment, you'll have to spend the whole day with me and have fun." 


Letting those words free, Rin puts on a lovely smile. As my thoughts come back to me, I express my happiness towards today's date. 


"Of course. I'll wholeheartedly dedicate myself to this date to earn your forgiveness." 


"Haha, much obliged." 


Today is our first date. I have no doubt that today will be a wonderful day.


____________________________________

Translator’s Note:


I’m finally back after a long break! It’s nice to be back and I will say, I do love this series a lot. Working on it is like eating comfort food, it just feels right. 


Seems like the next part is 14 chapters, though I’m not sure if that’s it or if there is more. Nonetheless, I will continue to work on them. Don’t expect daily updates or anything, I will update when I can. 


As for what I was doing in between, I was working on some VN projects, though unfortunately, they are currently not progressing as much as thought, but that’s outside of my control now. 


Still, it feels great to be translating this again and I can’t wait to see where things go from here. 


Comments

  1. --- Thanks for the chapter~ ^^.
    ----- Welcome back..! Nice to see you back.

    Hope you are doing and fine and healthy.! I myself am somehow fine.. XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to see yoy back, and thanks for the chapter

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks you so much for the chapter

    ReplyDelete
  4. VN project? Are translating a VN? If so please let me know the title

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I'm sick and tired of my childhood friend's, now girlfriend, constant abuse so I broke up with her Chapter 16: Web of Deceit

I'm sick and tired of my childhood friend's, now girlfriend, constant abuse so I broke up with her Chapter 30

I'm sick and tired of my childhood friend's, now girlfriend, constant abuse so I broke up with her Chapter 29