I'm sick and tired of my childhood friend's, now girlfriend, constant abuse so I broke up with her Chapter 15: Ichinose Strikes Back


Chapter 15: Ichinose Strikes Back

Link to Original Chapter: https://ncode.syosetu.com/n0844gb/15/

After I'm done talking with Hanabi, I go back to Hasuike and Yukishiro-san. I apologize for everything and tell them about my tormented past.

“That person... We fought before and I decided to cut all ties with her. Now she wants revenge on me by making everyone around me suffer. I'm really sorry."

"Ichinose-kun, lift your head, it's going to be alright! You did nothing wrong."

"And the person you were chasing was her?"

"Yeah. It seems like she egged Erika Daidouji on. I'll see what I can do with Daidouji, though I have about a day to clear things up."

"What do you plan on doing? I can hel-"

"No, I'll handle it myself."

When I was talking to Hanabi, I was thinking of a solution for all of this. An idea came up in my head, but it could get dirty fast depending on the circumstances. That's why I don't want those two involved. It's my plan alone and I don't want anyone else getting punished because of it.

"I'm sorry Yukishiro-san. I'm sure you're feeling anxious and all..."

"Thanks, but I'm fine. But that person you were fighting with, will things be alright...?"

Talking about my time with Hanabi and her abuse would be good, but I just can't find the words to speak about it. Should I just ignore this whole conversation and not talk about it? Or if I tell Yukishiro-san, she might sympathize with me. I don't know.

But, Yukishiro-san of all people should know what happened. It's Hanabi’s fault that Yukishrio-san got roped into this. However, for now, I'll let it remain a secret. I have many other opportunities to tell them.

Then, the secret in my heart might finally escape its confines.

__________________

After school the next day, I wait by the entrance to the classroom until I find who I'm looking for. Thankfully, that person is by themselves, which will make things easier.

I get off the wall and approach them and they gasp in surprise when they see me approaching.

"Agawa-san"

I'm not really familiar with their name, but I still manage to call them.

"I'd like to talk to you about Daidouji-san."

She puts on a guarded face as I tell her that. Her eyes stare dagger at me, just like that night at the karaoke place. Yep, she was the one gossiping with Daidouji-san at the karaoke place. Anyways, it's my plan to get Daidouji-san's SNS contact info from Mirai Agawa.

"You know Daidouj-san's SNS info? I need to contact her so do you mind giving it to me?"

"Huh? C-can't do that. She'll get mad at me if I do."

"Hey, I know doing this is a breach of trust and what not, but I need to contact Daidouji-san no matter what. Let's just take the easy road and I won't tell her you were involved, cool?"

"B-but..."

"Plus, you're a key witness. You've been beside Daidouji-san this whole time, so you would know whether or not Daidouji-san's accusations against Yukishiro-san are true or not, right?"

"W-well."

"Yukishiro-san is dealing with a lot of bullshit because of your friend. It would be great if you did the right thing and helped out."

I bow my head and Mirai Agawa takes a couple steps back.

"I'm sorry, but I won't help you. I'm not friends with Yukshiro-san so I don’t really want to get involved in her business even if she is in trouble. Besides, even if the problem involves Erika, I won't be helping her out."

"But aren't you friends with Daidouji?"

"Well, not friends, more like Otaku buddies. It's a little different, but it's too complicated to explain."

Damn, she really does view this whole situation as a nuisance. I find myself chuckling out of amazement. While it's sort of different from Hanabi, the way Agawa treats others sort of reminds me of her.

Regardless, her lack of cooperation is really forcing my hand. I didn't want to do this, but I guess I got no choice.

"I was hoping we could resolve this without any issues, but I guess you forced my hand. You remember that night after the athletics festival at the karaoke place? You and Daidouji-san were in front of the bathroom hallway."

"Huh?"

Her face immediately stiffened, just the response I wanted.

"H-how do you know?"

"I needed to take a piss, so I was passing by. Anyways, I heard you guys bad mouthing some of our classmates. I remember I was named too, quite the conversation if I do say so myself."

"Hnng..”

In a blink of an eye, her face became all gloomy and irritated.

"You know, the guys you insulted are pretty popular. If they somehow found out, you'd have one hell of a year ahead of you."

If Minaguchi hears of this, I wonder how she'll react. But after the whole bullying incident, I'm sure they'll just ignore her instead of doing anything outlandish. Well, that's par for the course when someone insults you anyways.

"I'm sure they'll need proof."

"It'll be enough if I just say it."

"Then I'll just deny it! No one will believe you."

"Is that what you really think will happen?"

"What do you mean?"

"We both know Yukishiro-san didn't bully Daidouji. But how did the class react? They're all suspicious and have it out for Yukishiro-san. Have you seen the looks they gave her?"

"......"

"One rumour really has the ability to control the minds of the masses. The truth becomes muddled behind all of that and the impact of that rumour will be immediate. It's simple cancel culture at work here."

I can see her tear-stained face look up at me.

"If I give you her SNS info, you won't talk about it, yeah? Well, you can talk about Erika bad mouthing them, but leave me out if it!"

I smile at her to hide my irritation.

_________________

That night, step two of my plan shall finally begin.

Anyways, I'm sitting cross legged on my bed with Agawa's memo in my left hand and my phone in my right.

I'm not sure how Hanabi and Daidouji communicated, but if they used some sort of app, it was probably LINE.

Hanabi was the type of person to private every one of her accounts except for LINE, and she would not let anyone in but me. Well, it's obvious she would do that. On her personal accounts, she would let her true personality should, so of course she would want no one but me seeing it.

I can use that to my advantage. Imitating her will be easy.

Anyways, I will have to contact Daidouji outside of LINE. If I use LINE, I’m sure Daidouji will figure out my intentions. I understand everything about Hanabi, so I have all her subtle mannerisms down pat. However, it’ll be easier to imitate her on chat services all things considered.

"Alright, I think that settles things..."

I download Skype on my phone and create an account using Hanabi's name. Then, using Agawa's memo, I follow Daidouji's account. After five minutes, my phone buzzes.

erikachi@RiverMineDeath: hows it going gurl!?

thx for the follow ╰(*´︶`*)╯♡

ill follow u 2

btw fumi yukishiro and her friends came 2 my house today

lmfao what losers

Alright, everything is set into motion. Time to reap the rewards. ______ Translator's Note:
What a plan. Translating the Skype chat was fun, seems like they'll be a lot more next chapter.

Volume 1

Chapter 14

Chapter 16

Comments

  1. Where are all the parents in this. And why didnt the guy stand up for himself when he was with hanabi? He could've told her how he felt. And has he ever made a move on her or or just idly stand by. People's mouth can spout shit but you gotta act like you want her. Get closer to her physically. By the way she talks it's obvious she wants him so can't he take any hints? Or is this story just going to keep going like this cause there can be a much better love story if the main character was more assertive in his relationship. 😓

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Huh? Really? You see many case of bullying where parents intervene? If it was so easy bullying wouldn't be a cancer of society you know?
      And do you understand the meaning of abusing relationships? Abusing relationships are abusing generally because one of the two don't care about how the other feel. He could have indeed been more assertive, but this abuse date from kindergarten. Man do you think it's easy to get out from this kind of relationship? The fact that the mc had enough ball to leave the relationship is already worthy of respect in my eyes. There's so many abusive relationships that end with the abused one being permanently scarred. It's easy to say. Man up etc. Less easy to act on it

      Delete
  2. Wow , Hanabi was born a yandere , haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope Hanabi, get what she deserve

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I'm sick and tired of my childhood friend's, now girlfriend, constant abuse so I broke up with her Chapter 16: Web of Deceit

I'm sick and tired of my childhood friend's, now girlfriend, constant abuse so I broke up with her Chapter 30

I'm sick and tired of my childhood friend's, now girlfriend, constant abuse so I broke up with her Chapter 29