I'm sick and tired of my childhood friend's, now girlfriend, constant abuse so I broke up with her Chapter 6: You Say Run

Chapter 6: You Say Run


Link to Original Chapter: https://ncode.syosetu.com/n0844gb/6/

It's been a few days since my last encounter with Hanabi.

Everything feels so peaceful, and I'm having lots of fun. Honestly, it's exhilarating. Well, after school, I've been seeing Hanabi here and there. It's not like I've been making eye contact with her, but I feel her presence. Her ability to flutter in and out of existence really makes her feel like a background character. Well, having said that, it feels kind of weird. Her actions feels so mysterious and I can't place my finger on it.

Before I cut ties with her, she would always wait by my house for 30 minutes every morning. I'd always make excuses whenever Hanabi asks why I was late, like I too busy fixing my hair or I was distracted by the news.

Ever since I've freed myself from the chains of Hanabi, I now have an extra 30 minutes to my schedule. I now get to class half an hour earlier. And yet, I get to class before Hanabi does. Is it possible that she got up early because of me and nothing else? Did she find pleasure in waiting like a dog for me? This is Hanabi we're talking about here. Oh well, not my problem anymore.

Lately, Hanabi has been coming to school with another guy, the ace of the track team. Now that she has someone else to distract herself with, seems like I'm a thing of the past. I sure as hell am relieved.

Though, she always makes a show of flirting with him, seemingly oblivious to the people watching her. This is something she's never done before, so it's weird always seeing her go out of her way doing this. The day after that, I left my house 45 minutes early, and I didn't see them on the train at all.

However, the next day, I saw her on the early train anyways. What the fuck? And she insists on following me... It's like she's mocking me, "I made another boyfriend already, loser". It's like she think trying to make me jealous will work, her mind is messed up. I turn my back towards her. I don't want to deal with her shit anymore.

___________________

Phys.Ed first thing in the morning is a nice change of pace, let's me take a break from things on my mind.

"Alright, today we're going to be deciding the who's going to be part of the roster for the relay for the athletic festival. First, we'll decide the anchor and then the top. Then you'll be able to woo the ladies afterwards if you get a good team together!"

With his words, the PE teacher seems to have gotten the guys fired up, As for me, I'm fine with being on an average team. I'm not a good runner anyways.

In kindergarten, I won the first place sticker for the athletic festival. Of course a young girl, who goes by the name Hanabi, ripped off my sticker. I remember words clearly. "I hate your running. You look like a horse and it looks ugly. Run slower instead." I was in utter and complete shock back then and burst into tears. Ever since then, I've always kept that in mind, a custom I've kept for the longest time. Every single year before the athletic festival starts, Hanabi would remind me of that and I would foolishly obey her command and forced myself to run even more slowly.

Looking back, she probably didn't want me getting any sort of attention, so she can keep me all to herself. "I'll never forgive you if I'm not the one you love the most" is something she always said. What a wicked witch.

I don't want to be the center of attention, but it would be nice breaking out of my dark prison, stepping out into the sunlight and letting myself be known. I just want to live a normal life for a change. I have rejected Hanabi's shackles and will choose how I want to live. So for once, I'll go at a normal pace today.

"Alright, next group get into position."

We head towards the starting line and I crouch down into position.

"Ready, Set, GOOOOO!!!!"

My feet jump into action as soon as I hear the resounding noise of the pistol firing. I check the speeds of the people running with me, seems like I'm about even. It's refreshing that I can be myself for once. Letting myself free like this is exhilarating. I see the goal line ahead and continue to race towards. I wonder how I did...

I'm still trying to catch my breath as I see my Phys.Ed teacher looking at me in shock, his mouth agape. Even the other students are in shock. The hell?

"Ichinose-kun, when the hell did you get so fast? You even broke the prefecture record!"

"Holy shit, the prefecture record? He's amazing!"

"If you run for us, I'm sure we'll win the relay!"

"Yeah, let Ichinose be the anchor."

My teacher and classmates are causing an uproar. Welp, I didn't want to cause a scene. I just wanted to be normal for a change. I guess when I was always insignificant, any positive change would stick out. ______ Translator's Notes: Nice seeing MC having success for a change. Still worried about what Hanabi will do though.

Volume 1

Chapter 5

Chapter 7

Comments

  1. Thanks!

    She really is creepy, hope that other guy does smth bad to her, she deserves it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem!

      She definitely is creepy. That other guy is a wild card at this point.

      Delete
  2. "I'll never forgive you if I'm not the one you love the most" - Hanabi is the type of Yandere who would kill her and MC's child to stop him from getting distracted. I feel scared imagining someone telling me that line

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can definitely see that. She's honestly quite scary.

      Delete
  3. Yikes, what kind of superhuman was she trying to enslave here? This is super fricking ominous the whole time, like seeing an axe murderer in the background every five panels in a manga.

    Thanks for the chapter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem!

      I was quite surprised to see MC is quite OP. Wonder what else he has hidden...

      Delete
  4. Wow, it's sad to see how she had it on a leash, although it also shows how smart she was from a child, manipulating it so that even the slightest action doesn't call the attention of others. That's creepy.
    Thanks for the chapter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem!

      She definitely knew what she was doing when manipulating him. She is a crafty one, that's for sure.

      Delete
  5. Thanks for translating something interesting

    ReplyDelete
  6. Man....i really wanna know her reasons...... Is that far away?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lol kek, she was one step away from keeping him as a pet. Nicely done on him for breaking free of her restraints, now he can start to shine on his own. However, she's being mild only using jealousy tactics right now, when she sees it stop working she'll probably start using more violent methods. It'd be interesting to see his reaction to those methods, maybe another thing she forced him to conceal is his strength. XD

    Very minor grammar mistakes I randomly saw:

    2nd paragraph: "Her actions feel so mysterious"

    6th paragraph: "It's like she thinks that trying to make me feel jealous would work"
    -'thinks' needs an 's'. Adding 'that' and 'feel' would help the flow of the sentence.

    7th paragraph: "nice change of pace, it lets me take a break from things on my mind."
    -Adding 'it' is to describe what help him take a break(Phys. Ed in this case), 'lets' has no apostrophe since it isn't a conjunction, nor does it follow any of the rules to need one.

    10th paragraph: "I see the goal line ahead and continue to race towards it."
    -You forgot to add the it on there

    XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'll update the chapter when I can.

      Delete
  8. I don't know if this is a cultural difference or something, but I feel a disconnection with this story. When it comes to writing fiction, there should be plausibility in what your characters are experiencing to be is realistic/ relatable. Yet in this story it never explains why this man lets himself be pushed to the extreme for 4 years of his life and then have a sudden mood swing and turn his life around. I have never heard of someone in real life letting another treat them like shit for several years of their life just for no reason. As this is one of the primary aspects of the story, it makes the whole thing feel kind of jarring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it is pretty strange that he does a complete 180 in his mindset.

      Delete
    2. I disagree. Simply because the mindset he is talking about isn't his own. She controlled everything about him. Now that he is thinking and acting for himself of course it would be completely different.

      Delete
  9. Wtf, you can't beat prefecture records after nearly a decade of no physical training.

    50 bucks that one of his parents is black.

    ReplyDelete
  10. im guessing he also has a iq of 999

    ReplyDelete
  11. The MC is those perfect boys you see in other Light Novels where the MC is a loner. I read a review which said Hanabi has a VERY GOOD REASON to do that to the MC, wonder what that is. Doesnt seem justifiable to me in anyway for now.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for translating something interesting like this.
    Definitely need more

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really appreciate your support on this.
    Look forward to hearing from you soon.
    I’m happy to answer your questions, if you have any.


    แจกเครดิตฟรี ฝากถอนง่าย

    เครดิตฟรี

    คาสิโน

    ReplyDelete
  14. Many thanks for your kind invitation. I’ll join you.
    Would you like to play cards?
    Come to the party with me, please.
    See you soon...

    คาสิโนออนไลน์

    เครดิตฟรี

    เครดิตฟรี

    แจกเครดิตฟรี ฝากถอนง่าย

    ReplyDelete
  15. Him: chad

    Me: ugly wheezing and falling over to rest.

    ReplyDelete
  16. She's more like possessive tsundere? where she try to keep him from other, I see that MC spec is quite high so she try to cover it as much as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I understand some of her methods but why bully him, why?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Standard JP novel BS, MC just happens to be good at everything after he got rid of his bitch.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I'm sick and tired of my childhood friend's, now girlfriend, constant abuse so I broke up with her Chapter 30

I'm sick and tired of my childhood friend's, now girlfriend, constant abuse so I broke up with her Chapter 16: Web of Deceit

I'm sick and tired of my childhood friend's, now girlfriend's, constant abuse so I broke up with her Chapter 1: Dumping my Abusive Girlfriend