After being sacked from my band, I found myself 10 years in the past to redo my life and save my idol - Chapter 6: Sunset

 Chapter 6: Sunset

Link to Original Chapter: https://ncode.syosetu.com/n8526hq/6/

_____________________

I remember what was written in a music magazine when Shigure debuted. "During my high school days, I rarely went to school. Instead, I found myself performing on the street by the shopping district."


As her fan, that line in the magazine stuck out to me. That means if I want to go searching for her, I'll have more success in the shopping district as opposed to the school.


Yesterday, I was able to meet Shigure in the clubroom, but I won't be as lucky anymore. From what I remember, she never showed up at school before officially quitting. That being said, she did send in an admission form for the light music club. If Shigure acts just like my first time, I won't see her ever again unless I go actively searching for her. I have to act now and not waste this chance.


If I walk around the nearby shopping district, I should be able to find her. If I'm able to talk to her again, that'll likely allow for some wiggle room to change her future. I don't have any proof for this, but it's better than sitting around and doing nothing. And so, when I hear the after school bell, I take my bag and fly out of the classroom.


There are likely three places she'll set up her performance at the shopping district. I managed to get a hold of some of her middle school classmates and I sort of have an idea of where she'll likely be performing. By the way, I found her middle school while stalking her on my first go around. If she somehow asks me how I know, well... I'll worry about that if it does happen. I'll look like a Grade A stalker, no doubt about that. 


The first shopping district is a miss. There's a pretty good crowd and the aroma is pleasant, but it seems like it doesn't match Shigure's tastes. The second shopping district is by the station, so there are plenty of salarymen and students from other schools. The nearby shops are also bustling with people. And yet, still nothing. 


The third shopping district is by the shopping arcade. There's not many people and many stores have their blinds closed. It's a shabby looking shopping district. It was probably built in the rush during the bubble period in the 80's.


Since she wasn't at the first two, I started searching around here for her, but I found it hard to believe regardless. And then, in the outskirts of the dilapidated shopping district, I caught sight of her in an open space. This area is certainly the textbook definition of a rundown market.


Shigure is singing with an acoustic guitar in hand and a hoodie to hide her uniform. Not a single person was in sight. Even from a distance, the atmosphere felt oddly chilling, which made it hard to approach. But her singing voice is definitely one beyond any ordinary person. She's already at the level where she could debut and top billboard charts. It's a shame the glum attitude she's given off is turning away others.


The lead track in her debut album is called "Shigure". That song, which shares her name, would be sold as a single and a smashing hit, selling over a million units. And the song was about... well, that's something for later. Right now, she should focus on getting on a contract.  After she finishes singing "Shigure", she notices me and gives me a sour look.


"That's a good song."


Even if it's a compliment, I give her my honest thoughts.


"Why'd you come..."


"I just happened to be passing by when I heard a wonderful song."


She brushes off my jape without a second thought, her pouting face not moving a millimeter.


"You always sing here?"


"It's none of your business... If you have nothing better to do, just go home."


Not much I can do about her negative first impressions of me. But I won't surrender this easily.


"You're a stubborn one... Fine, I came here just to hear you sing."


"No one comes to hear me sing..."


"Someone's sure here."


I point to myself. Shigure looks at me dubiously, as if she's irritated by me.


"Are you even being serious?"


"Of course, I'm always serious."


"I don't get you..."


Shigure seems to be implying that she's singing for herself alone. Whenever someone else listens to her sing, they probably don't give her an honest reaction. Instead, she'd probably honestly believe that other people are turned off by her songs. Of course, that's not the case at all. Shigure's singing is just so alluring.


"It's fine if you don't understand... Anyways, what's your next song?"


Right now, I just want to enjoy my one on one time with Shigure and her songs. Since I know the future, I can't put a price on things like this. Of course I would want to keep hearing her songs. However, Shigure ignores me and starts putting away her guitar.


"I'm going home now..."


"Come on... At least play one more song."


"You're so persistent."


"Please, I think your singing is out of this world. So just let me hear one more song."


I put my hands together to try and persuade her. I was more serious now then during my first life when I would do a shrine visit to pray that our band would have a successful first live performance. For someone like me, the singer and songwriter, Shigure Narahara, is a god-like existence that surpasses all levels of imagination.


"It's already getting late, maybe next..."


Realizing what she's saying, Shigure cuts herself off.


"Next...?"


"I-it's nothing! Anyways, I'm heading home!"


With that, Shigure leaves in a rush. I can't control my wild ass grin, imagining what she wanted to say was "maybe next time".

________________________

Author's Note: Thank you so much for reading! If you could, it would be great if you rate this series five stars and book mark it! Thanks as always.


Also, the title for this chapter is named after Art School's 斜陽. It's a great song so please give it a listen!

________________________

Translator’s Note: Next chapter done! Is that a tsundere I smell?

Also please follow me on Twitter for any updates on this series and my translation projects generally.


Chapter 5

Chapter 7

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm sick and tired of my childhood friend's, now girlfriend, constant abuse so I broke up with her Chapter 16: Web of Deceit

I'm sick and tired of my childhood friend's, now girlfriend, constant abuse so I broke up with her Chapter 30

I'm sick and tired of my childhood friend's, now girlfriend, constant abuse so I broke up with her Chapter 29