Forever and Always, My Childhood Friend is the Cutest Girl in the World Chapter 71: Collecting Data Part Five: Eating Out

Chapter 71: Collecting Data Part Five: Eating Out


Link to Original Chapter: https://ncode.syosetu.com/n5894gb/71/


Unfortunately, I can't seem to fix the spacing, sorry about that!

________________________________


Leaving the onsen behind, we head out to the shopping district and the various stalls to sample some of the food they have.


"Oh, there's definitely a crowd today!"


"You're right. Seems like there'll be many things to do here."


It's a shopping district, but it gives off a vibe of being a hot spring town more. Wooden onsen buildings are lined in a row. Souvenir shops, restaurants and food stalls fill the space between the rows of buildings. It really does feel like a summer festival here. From my digging around online, this place feels like a time capsule to the early Showa days.


"What do you want to eat, Rin?"


"Hmm, good question... Since we came all the way here, we should try a standard onsen manjuu... But it'd be a waste not to try takoyaki and yakisoba and the cotton candy and candy apples as well."


"That's a lot of food."


"We should use all of our funds, you know."


"Well, now that you mention, that's probably a good idea."


Are we even able to get receipts from the vendors?


"Alright, let's just devour whatever catches our eye!"


"There's no way I can eat it all. My stomach wouldn't be able to hold it all."


"Don't you have a separate black hole for yummy foods?"


"That's only a gag for manga characters. Like I would have any of that. I do love yummy foods though."


"I know, I know. Well, I have no idea how much your stomach can hold, Rin. Let's just walk around and eat what looks good. We won't force ourselves here."


"But I do know quite a lot about your stomach, Tohru-kun."


"Seems like you know a little too much about my body specifics, Rin."


Anyways, we continue walking as we decide what we want to eat.


"Hmm..."


I reach out my hand and Rin takes it without a single word. Even though we're already used to this, her moment hesitation before latching onto my hand is cute nonetheless.


"What are you smirking about?"


"Well, it's just you're so cute, Rin."


"Why does saying embarrassing stuff like that come as naturally as breathing to you? Well, I guess I'm happy hearing that..."


Rin averts her face saying that. See, she really is just so cute. And so, we continued our stroll down the shopping district.


Looking at various delicious looking samples from the restaurant menus, Rin would interject by saying eating all of that would simply destroy my stomach. She's stuffing her cheeks with piping hot fresh manjuu. We also share the fragrant Ikayaki. Of course, it's all delicious. But what makes it better is being able to leisurely stroll around with the one I love. There's just nothing better. 


We reached the midpoint of the shopping district.


Suddenly, Rin stops her tracks and looks at a particular restaurant. There's a big sign that says "Rich and smooth soft serve ice cream! Made with Hokkaido milk!".


"You want some?"


"Well, maybe a bit."


"Looks like you really want to eat it."


"You're putting words in my mouth."


"Your eyes are glittering like crazy. It's like they're only fixated on that ice cream."


Rin rubs her eyes in a rush. It looks so strange that I can't help but burst into laughter.


"Oh come on! Using Hokkaido is a sly marketing ploy! Hokkaido cream is really rich and tasty, you know. And it's really gooey too. All that combined and it's a triple whammy."


"Triple whammy, really?"


Well, she has a point. Including Hokkaido does make it seem more tasty.


"Anyways, that's just how it works. I just want ice cream, simple as that. It's not like I have childish impulses or anything. 


"Yep, got it."


I pat her tiny head, knowing that she's still not being honest with herself. Rin pouts, but eventually relaxes and takes in the pleasantness of my head pat.


Damn it, she's just so cute...


I keep patting her, as I continue looking at her face.


"Umm, Tohru-kun..."


"Hmm?"


"Sorry, I don't think I can take any more patting... I'll start to melt away..."


"Oh... sorry."


I put my hand away as Rin blushes a deep shade of scarlet. She's more red than a scoop of strawberry ice cream.


"Let's go eat some ice cream."


"Sure..."


With our awkward exchange put to an end, we head to the soft serve ice cream stall. 

__________________

Author's Notes: I recently started a new work. It's interesting and I hope you check it out here: https://ncode.syosetu.com/n6062hq/

__________________

Translator's Notes: Seems like the author is posting single chapters for this story very slowly. Wonder when the conclusion will come. Regardless, the fluff is nice.


Chapter 70

Comments

  1. damn nearly a year between the author's previous chapter and this one. sadly looks like it's essentially dropped, rip :(

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I'm sick and tired of my childhood friend's, now girlfriend, constant abuse so I broke up with her Chapter 16: Web of Deceit

I'm sick and tired of my childhood friend's, now girlfriend, constant abuse so I broke up with her Chapter 30

I'm sick and tired of my childhood friend's, now girlfriend, constant abuse so I broke up with her Chapter 29