Forever and Always, My Childhood Friend is the Cutest Girl in the World Chapter 66: Off to Collecting Data

 Chapter 66: Off to Collecting Data


Link to Original Chapter: https://ncode.syosetu.com/n5894gb/66/ 


"Collecting data...?" 


It's the beginning of the week and we're walking to school. Rin is looking at me, blinking in surprise. 


"Yeah, my editor told me to do it." 


Strike while the iron is hot, as they say. 


Anyways, I tell Rin about the meeting from the other day. Because I want to add another chapter to my work, I have to go out and collect data to improve its quality. 


"Okay then... that makes sense." 


Rin tilts her head slightly as she says that. 


"But are you sure you want me to come too?" 


"Well, they recommend that I bring you along as well."


"Why though... Oh..." 


In that instance, Rin probably realizes why. Yes, this is our childhood bond coming into play that we can understand each other this quickly. Rin covers her chest and glares at me. 


"Y-you better not do anything dirty!" 


"How'd you even come to that conclusion!?" 


Seems like our telepathy failed this time. 


"Basically, I modelled the heroine after you, so... if we go together, it will help conjure up scenes in my head." 


"A-alright then." 


Rin plays her hair as her cheeks turn pink. Before I know it, my face feels hot too. Now that I think about it rationally, making Rin the model for my heroine makes me feel a bit uneasy inside. 


"W-well, that's how it is." 


Once again, I ask. 


"So you want to go together?" 


"Sure let's go." 


"That was fast!" 


"I mean, Golden Week is coming up and you know..." 


Rin starts to loosen up. 


"I'll be able to go out with Tohru-kun." 


Rin starts speaking faster and faster as she turns her face away. 


"You're too cute." 


"Hah!?" 


I place my hand on her cheek as I stroke her. She looks up at me in a daze. Her emotions and actions are all so cute and lovely. 


"Anyways, the budget for this data collecting will be covered by the publisher." 


"Oh, so you were telling the truth." 


"Why wouldn't I?" 


"So you can handle the ever-so mysterious event of handling the receipts." 


"Yep! I'm quite excited myself!" 


Apparently writers can write off work expenses. For example, the cost of meeting with an editor at a cafe or going somewhere as a reference for their story, stuff like that. Taking those costs into account, that will reduce the tax on royalty income or something like that. 


Honestly, I don't really get this whole finance stuff at all. Trying to understand the difference between a white and blue tax return receipt, which are things most high schoolers haven't heard of, was a really confusing experience. The conclusion I came to is that I should contact an accountant at some point. I should probably get on that. 


"Are you going to put "Kamino Tsuzuri" as the name on the receipt?" 


"Well, you know the origin of that pen name, so saying it out loud is kind of embarrassing." 


"I guess there's no way to hide your embarrassment... That's what distinguishes a good author from a bad one I suppose." 


"Argh... You have a point."


If I had the opportunity to talk to my past chuuni self, I would tell him to think carefully of a pen name to use. 


"So where do you plan on going" 


"Well, I'm thinking of possible places right now." 


"Oh, sounds good!" 


Her eyes are glittering with excitement, as I take a deep breath. Ever since the meeting, I've been heavily weighing my options. I want to choose somewhere a little more luxurious, both for material for my work and so I can enjoy myself with Rin. An idea comes to my head. 


"How about a day trip to an onsen?" 


"An onsen..." 


Her face lights up. 


"Sounds good. Definitely good to me." 


With a giggle, Rin nods her head. She seems awfully cheerful and fidgety. 


"You liking it is all that matters." 


With that, I feel relieved. 


"It's best to have a breather before exams." 


"R-right, exams." 


My chest feels like leads. 


"Is it going well?" 


"Nope, not at all." 


"You better take the books with you." 


"How about we study together?" 


"I was joking." 


She smiles tenderly. 


"Let's make sure to have a lot of fun that day." 


Her smile seems to conjure up an image of a fairy of light dancing around her, my chest started to feel like milk tea.


"Sure." 


And so with that on Golden Week, Rin and I would be heading to a day onsen. 


What a wonderful dat... Or should I say data collection. We'll have to investigate properly.


____________________

Author’s Note:


Here’s the cover for “Forever and Always, My Childhood Friend is the Cutest Girl in the World”


Tada!





The only thing I can say is that it’s the cutest thing in the world! No really, the illustrator is amazing. The only thing I I could say when I first received it was incessant screaming. 


“Forever and Always, My Childhood Friend is the Cutest Girl in the World” will be released by Fujimi Fantasia Bunsha on November 20th, 2020. I hope you continue reading it! 


PS:


I’m actually writing another work, that of course will be another sweet romcom. Because of that, I haven’t been able to update Sekaosa that much. 


I’m sure I’ll be able to start posting it not too long from now, so look forward to that! Hopefully my other story will be just as powerful in terms of sweetness! Until next time!


_____________

Translator’s Note: The author did start posting his other story, but it seems like he’s on a bit of a break. Don’t know if I’ll be translating that or not. 


Chapter 65

Comments

  1. Thanks for the chapter and what is the other story the author is working on? [Is the author male or female?]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The next chapter will actually a synopsis for the next work.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I'm sick and tired of my childhood friend's, now girlfriend, constant abuse so I broke up with her Chapter 16: Web of Deceit

I'm sick and tired of my childhood friend's, now girlfriend, constant abuse so I broke up with her Chapter 30

I'm sick and tired of my childhood friend's, now girlfriend, constant abuse so I broke up with her Chapter 29