Forever and Always, My Childhood Friend is the Cutest Girl in the World Chapter 51: Forever and Always, My Childhood Friend is the Cutest Girl in the World

Chapter 51: Forever and Always, My Childhood Friend is the Cutest Girl in the World

Link to Original Chapter: https://ncode.syosetu.com/n5894gb/51/

I wrote about a childhood friend, I guess you could call it fate or something. 


Our innocent daily lives. 


Our days where we shortened the distance between us little by little. 


The days where I wanted to be with her more. 


I threw everything I had into the novel. 


Our fated encounter. 


The day where we learned each other's names. 


The days where we learned our favorite foods. 


The days where we learned our least favorite foods. 


The days when we saw each other's smiles. 


The days when we saw each other's tears. 


The day where I went to my childhood friend's house. 


The moment I ate my childhood friend's homemade cooking. 


The moment I got my childhood friend's LINE account. 


The moment I learned the warmth of my childhood friend's hand. 


The moment I learned the sensation of combing my childhood friend's hair. 


The moment I felt my childhood friend's warmth. 


The joy I felt watching my childhood friend smile. 


The despair I felt watching my childhood friend cry. 


The emotions I felt the day I realized I love my childhood friend. 


The feelings I had while giving my childhood friend a lovely hug. 


All the thoughts I have been harbouring over the years about my childhood friend, I throw it all into my story. It really does feel so poignant. 




The young protagonist and heroine had no friends, and were always alone. Then the two had a strange encounter. At first, they were two people who were in similar situations, that kicked off their seemingly simple relationship. As time passed, they would hang out more, eat out more and go to each other's houses. 


Joy, anger, sorrow and fun, they shared so many emotions together. They would laugh together, and be in high spirits, it was a fun time as they looked at each other's smile. They would also fight and yell at each other, which would result in a lot of tears shed. But they would reconcile quickly and apologize, and would share a laugh together because of it. 


Those days would continue until they reached puberty, where those awkward days would arrive, filled with constant worry. They weren't honest with their feelings for each other and they became worried how far they should go, worried how much distance was too little between them. But that was more of an excuse, as for the two of them, they both started to realize their feelings for each other. 


I want to know you more, I want to go out with you more, I want to touch you more, I want to feel your warmth more... 


No, maybe not that much. 


I want to be beside you.


Yeah that's good. 


Ahh, you really are the most important to me. The moment they realized their feelings, the distance between them became zero. That impatient sweetness, I want the readers to get diabetes while reading it, that's the type of childhood friend story I want to write. 


I want to write it!!! That's the type of story I want to write!!!!!!!!!! 




With red hot fires blazing within me stoking the coals of my passion and desire, I hurry home and open up my laptop. From then on, it's a straight line. With all my heart and soul, I tap away at the keyboard. 


As I casually type away, I think of the phantom that was haunting me for the past three days. My body, heart and fingers all want to write now, screaming at their chance to write something. Sensations of excitement and fun hit me like never before. Those emotions cause me to shiver as I keep typing away. 


My fingers frantically try to keep up with the speed of my thoughts. The title of the new work naturally floats in my brain, I quickly type out the outline afterwards and start to tackle the actual story. I write the entirety of the first chapter in an hour. After a quick read-over, I upload it to Syosetu. Nira-san, who usually comments within 5 minutes, hasn't said anything yet. 


"I'll put up a comment during the next one." 


It's not Nira, but it's Rin who sent me a message on LINE that I didn't notice until now. I reply with a thanks and I let that echo within my heart. I get to work on the second chapter right away. Again, it only took me an hour to complete it. Once again, I submit that chapter to Syosetu. Next, Chapter three! 


With continued vigour, I keep on writing and uploading, continuing that process and not even stopping. Looking at the view count and rankings is a bad strategy at this point. It doesn't matter at all. It doesn't matter if my view counts don't rise at all, if I'm not on the rankings boards at all, if I don't get published, if I get hate comments or if people don't find my story interesting. 


As long as I'm able to reach one girl and make her smile, then it's fine. That much is fine, it's my reason for writing after all. That alone is fine. 


My very first story was an homage to Kino's journey. I wanted to be an author like Maple Satou. 


Next was the love story about a runaway saint and genius delinquent. At the time, I was influenced by all the romance stories I had read. The fact that Rin loved it so much made me happy. 


Next was the romcom where whenever the protagonist would lend his eraser to the girl sitting next to him, she would turn all nasty. Again, Rin praised it and that made me happy. That made me want to write another love story. And whenever Rin really liked something, that made me happy beyond belief. 


Afterwards, I started writing stories online and even though I appealed to the masses, I found myself back to love stories again. 


Why? 


I just wanted to see Rin's joyful face and lovely smile. Rin originally loved reading romance manga and watching romance anime. While I was writing in the library, sitting beside me, Rin would be reading romance manga. Sometimes, she would smile, cry, be in deep thought, but mostly it was smiling. When I was writing my stories, that was the face I wanted to see when she was reading. 


Though I was just a child, those memories are deeply engraved within me and something I would never forget. I finally realized it, writing for Rin's sake is the reason why I'm writing at all. Now that I realized that, I'm invincible. More than anyone else, I want Rin to enjoy my stories. Rin helped me so much along the way, that's reason enough for me to keep writing. 


I think back. 


Whenever I wrote for Rin, whatever she enjoyed the most, whatever made her smile would then become my main priority. 


But it's different now, I have a special focal point now. I've been thinking about Rin for so long now, and I have so many things I want to tell her. That's my focus now. I will convey every single one of my thoughts to her. 


I want to convey it to her. 


Having those heated emotions pushing me, I silently keep on writing. 


The break was ten days long. 


In that timeframe, besides doing the basic essentials to keep myself alive, I had been doing nothing but writing. I did not take one step outside my house as I confined myself to my room. While I didn't want to, I slept, ate and drank while facing my manuscript. I continued to envelope myself in a world of words. I was more confident in my writing than anyone else in the world. 


At the start of spring break, I started the first chapter and with a blazing passion, I finished it on the last day of the break. 


The title of my story is... 




Forever and Always, My Childhood Friend is the Cutest Girl in the World 




I wrote it for one person specifically, it's nothing but an earnestly sweet story, a romcom filled with love towards a childhood friend.

_____

Translator’s Note: Title drop!


Chapter 50

Chapter 52

Comments

  1. Not to criticize, but when your childhood friend tell you to take care of your health, and you only did "the basic essentials to keep (himself) alive." That just... oof

    Thx for the chap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the chapter~

    So is this the Author's real life story?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea doubt intensify . But yea if that's true am happy that people got to experience such sweet stuff irl too

      Delete
  3. If the author experienced this in in real life, damn, I'm so jealouss!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Plot twist:- This story was written by the author for his irl childhood friend who h/she is in love with

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tears? Tears? I didn't cry, no way! *blink blink blink blink blink blink blink *

    ReplyDelete
  6. damn dusts in my eyes, so annoying

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I'm sick and tired of my childhood friend's, now girlfriend, constant abuse so I broke up with her Chapter 16: Web of Deceit

I'm sick and tired of my childhood friend's, now girlfriend, constant abuse so I broke up with her Chapter 30

I'm sick and tired of my childhood friend's, now girlfriend, constant abuse so I broke up with her Chapter 29