Forever and Always, My Childhood Friend is the Cutest Girl in the World Chapter 11: Syrup's Trigger

Chapter 11: Syrup's Trigger

Link to Original Chapter: https://ncode.syosetu.com/n5894gb/11/


"Alright, uploaded the new chapter." 

It's a weekday morning and I'm in the living room. I just finished writing my newest chapter and I take a sip of my black coffee. 

"Good work Onii." 

Karen's stuffing her face with pizza toast while giving me words of encouragement. 

"Thanks Karen! Today's chapter has lots of lovey-dovey hugging. It's as sweet as syrup!" 

"Seems like wish fulfillment." 

"If you get fulfillment from it Karen, there's something wrong with you." 

"Ah, pass the ketchup Onii." 

"Are you even listening to me!?" 

I made my retort while passing the ketchup to Karen. All she gives is a simple thanks and an innocent smile. Simple, calm and never changing, our morning really is like one of those single panel comics. 

"Onii, you really do drink it black." 

Karen looks at me with amazement as I eat my chive toast and black coffee for breakfast. 

"Writing my work is syrup enough, and that makes my black coffee that much sweeter." 

"Really? I don't understand your work Onii." 

"When you do understand, please tell me. That way I can give you advice to steer you back on the right path." 

"That's a weird sales pitch." 

"That's how business works. Yes, like how the result of people reading my work will be intense stomach pains. It's all that sweet coffee.” 

"Uwa, Onii's work sounds dangerous. What if you get caught by the Sugar Restriction Act?" 

"I feel like the nuance is a bit different here." 

Ping 

I hear the notification sound from my laptop. 

"Ah, it came!" 

"Nira-san?"

 "I'd be surprised if it wasn't him." 

Well, it is possible that Nira-san is a girl, but my target audience is definitely for males. Regardless, I've been waiting for Nira-san's comment. 

"This chapter was also interesting! Their making-up hug was so cute. Having the younger Maika-san hug Ryousuke-kun was the best. Ryousuke-san may have lost his bamboo shoot in his house, but in exchange he got Maika-san. Thanks for the chapter, author!" 

"Ah, Nira-san understands me." 

"Don't die on me Onii." 

"Cause of death: Heart failure. Oh, I haven't replied yet. Hmm... Nira-san, I always appreciate your comments! I'm glad you can sympathize with this chapter. The protagonist hugging the heroine outside, where it's just the two of them, this type of sweet situation really is priceless." 

"Onii, you're acting weird again." 

"It's fine if you don't understand just yet. Someone of your age has a different idea of love then some like me." 

Because of that, it's no surprise that Karen is worried for me. 

"My classmate Ishikawa-kun seems to be going out with someone older than him!" 

"That Ishikawa kid has a lot of courage picking a fight like this, it'll lead to certain death for sure." 

"All He said before he left was that he took three days worth of savings out of the bank." 

"So Ishikawa-kun won't be coming home with you?" 

I'm making a big show out of this. Society needs to learn that not all women require tribute to spend time with them. I have to spread the word somehow. 

Ding Dong 

The intercom ringing brings me back to my senses. 

"Oh, your beloved Rin has arrived Onii." 

"Who are you calling beloved!?" 

"She's not?" 

Well she is, but it's embarrassing to say that out loud." 

Before I close my laptop, I hear another notification sound. 

"Oh, another comment." 

"Huh, that's pretty rare for your niche work." 

"Don't call it niche. Hmm, what is it, what is it." 

I look at the screen to see the comment. 

"The hug scene seems unrealistic. Is the author a virgin?" 

"Ghaaaaaaaaghghghghttatstssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" 

"Onii broke!" 

It was this comment that caused the fact that I would find myself in an incredibly sweet situation today.

______
Translator’s Note: Another short and sweet chapter.

Chapter 10

Chapter 12

Comments

  1. --- Thanks for the chapter~ ^^.

    I like sweetness! Need more! XD! Even though I'm envious, I like reading sweet like this, since it soothes my soul.!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn the other comment had no chill.

    Thanks for the chapter

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ouch, that comment got me straight in the gut.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We got a toxic comment LUL....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not really, he been writing for more than 5 years, and he still in highschool, pretty much novice, it would be unrealistic if he still haven't received some criticism.

      Delete
  5. The comment hit the mark lmao.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the chapter. Wonderful work as ever

    ReplyDelete
  7. straight into his weak point lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. This chapter seems unrealistic. Is the author a virgin?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I'm sick and tired of my childhood friend's, now girlfriend, constant abuse so I broke up with her Chapter 16: Web of Deceit

I'm sick and tired of my childhood friend's, now girlfriend, constant abuse so I broke up with her Chapter 30

I'm sick and tired of my childhood friend's, now girlfriend, constant abuse so I broke up with her Chapter 29