Forever and Always, My Childhood Friend is the Cutest Girl in the World Chapter 39: My Worried Childhood Friend

Chapter 39: My Worried Childhood Friend

Link to Original Chapter: https://ncode.syosetu.com/n5894gb/39/

"Are you sure you're okay?" 


"Yeah, yeah, I'll be fine." 


It's morning and Rin is giving me a worried look as I'm curled up in my futon.


"Seems like we can't go to school together, sorry for making you all the way here for nothing." 


"No, it's fine, it's actually better this way." 


I realize what Rin wants to say, so I open my mouth first. 


"I really am okay. I just got a small fever. A short nap and I should be back in form." 


"Were you... staying up late again?" 


Rin gives me a harsh glare as she says that. 


"N-no, definitely not." 


"I should have known..." 


Just like how I know when Rin is lying, Rin knows when I'm lying too. Before I had time to think if I have any noticeable habits like Rin, Rin puts her hand on her jaw and opens her mouth. 


"So... what have you been doing?" 


Her expression is like she's searching for something, her voice full of conviction. There's no way I could ever deceive her. There's only one thing that comes to mind... 


It's possible that high stress can cause fevers. And because I’m stressed, my body temperature just keeps on increasing. The reason for my body temperature rise might be different from people but still. Well the source of my stress is pretty obvious, but... 


"When I calm down, I’ll talk." 


My brain is a mess, but it's not like we're in a rush in the morning. That's why I'll remain silent. 


"Alright then..." 


I'm sure Rin knows what's happening with me, but she's not pushing any further. But she's pursing her lips. I know exactly what she's thinking. From the bottom of my heart, I'm sorry Rin. 


"Alright, I'll head to school now." 


"Yeah... see you."


I wave my hand as Rin starts to head out. Just then, my hand freezes, and I feel a chill up my spine. 


"Rin..?" 


"Yes?" 


She kneels by my futon, her voice full affection. 


"Please talk to me as soon as you can." 


Rin's already stroking my face with her hand. She's tending to me with such kindness and affection. My body feels weak and my pupils slowly start to get hot. 


"I'm sorry I made you worry..." 


"It's fine..." 


She has such a warm and soothing voice. Rin reluctant parts her hand from my forehand as she slowly gets up. 


"I'll be going now." 


With a bow, Rin leaves my room and I'm greeted with a haunting silence. The second hand on the clock is louder than ever and a lonely sensation washes over me, like I'm in some ghost town.

______
Translator's Note: Short chapter today. My reply function on Blogger is broken, but I will say I saw all your comments and I want to say thanks for all the support!

Chapter 38

Chapter 40

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I'm sick and tired of my childhood friend's, now girlfriend, constant abuse so I broke up with her Chapter 16: Web of Deceit

I'm sick and tired of my childhood friend's, now girlfriend, constant abuse so I broke up with her Chapter 30

I'm sick and tired of my childhood friend's, now girlfriend, constant abuse so I broke up with her Chapter 29